Auto Generated Mech
This isn't a complete game - it's mostly an experiment that's been auto-generated in Python, as I've been working on a project to create a complete auto-generated Bitsy game.
Things that are auto-generated in this Bitsy:
- Tiles (items & normal tiles) - you can auto generate sparse to densely filled symmetrical or random tiles
- Rooms & their exits - again you can auto generate sparse to densely filled symmetrical or random tiles (The exit tile is placeholder art - an X )
- Item dialogue - based on a few keywords input by the user
Things that aren't auto-generated (yet):
- Item positions
- Sprites & their dialogue & their positions
- The difference between hard wall tiles & soft tiles - I need to generate rooms that don't block users in & also allow the user to reach items & sprites
It's still very early days for this. And the room, tile, text generation still needs a lot of work, but I'm happy with how it's shaping up.
I like the abstract philosophical random tone of the text. :)
Even though it could be used to create abstract auto-generated games, I think it will be useful to be able to generate the basics of a Bitsy game with many rooms, items, tiles etc etc etc and tweak them - sort of an idea generator used as a jumping off point.
...PS The auto-generator did create that robot kitty all by itself.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.